Monday, December 04, 2006

Week 9.

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

Did you know that I will be back in that fair country of ours in less than two weeks? It is true! I am scheduled to arrive at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport at approximately 9:35 pm on Tuesday, August 1st, 2006. I'm having a better time than ever, but I'm getting extremely excited to come home. I've probably said that already.
I've heard reports of many Missouri friends melting in the heat of the last few days, which does not sound particularly enjoyable, but I figure that after two months in the hottest city in Italy, sans A/C, I can make it. When my roommates were out of town last weekend, I tried one of their fans, just for fun, and was more than content. At home, I preferred to keep my room at a maximum of 70 degrees...I never thought I would adjust to the heat, but, hey, anything can happen when you're abroad, right?

Things here just keep getting better. Every day I've been either making new friends or growing closer to the ones I already had. This is such a drastically different experience from my last term, during which I only began to get chummy with folks the last week or so of classes. The experience as a whole has made me realize how fortunate I am to have all my friends at home. Finding people you click with is not as easy as I had assumed...I have just been incredibly lucky up until this point.

The last week has been fairly tame. I had a lot of work for my classes, and since I didn't have a passport, I decided that I would stay in Florence. My replacement passport will be ready on Friday, but I'm still planning on sticking around Florence, as I have about 14 pages of papers to write--4 of which are in Italian. There are worse places to be stranded, though.

I can't believe I'm actually telling people not to send mail, but I would not recommend it at this point, as the last time I am able to get mail may be next Thursday. If you want to send something to me anyway, I can get it at my SLU address when I get home:

MSC 3297
Busch Student Center
20 N. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103

Sorry to be so brief, but the computer lab is closing on me. Much love!

Your lady in Florence,
Grace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home